Hammock chair is a space-efficient, stylish, and relaxing piece of furniture. It is too versatile that comes in many shapes and sizes. Moreover, you can hang your hammock chair anywhere in your home to create a vibe of style and comfort.
Yes, you heard it right. You don’t have to stress about how to hang your hammock chair while ordering your hammock chair anymore. With the right tools, you can hang your hammock chair practically anywhere.
In this guide, you will know how to hang a hammock chair both inside the house or outside.
How to Hang Hammock Chair Outside
First of all, you decide on your sweet spot where you want to hang your hammock chair securely. You can hang it from a tree or open porch as well as a pergola. Wherever you decide, your hammock chair will bring style and comfort to that place.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Measuring tape
To hang a hammock chair from a tree, consider two things. First, a strong horizontal branch that can carry your weight. The hardwood tree is the best. Oak, ash and beech tree also works well.
Second, the height should be around 6 feet from the ground.
- Throw the rope over the branch two or three times to spread the rope on your branch. It will distribute the weight and secure the spot as it prevents the tension and risk of breaking later.
- Your hammock chair comes with a hanging mechanism. It has a loop attached to it directly or on the cord attached to it. Pass that loop through your tree rope and secure it with a knot. Remember to keep the loop under the branch.
- Once you hang your hammock chair, always test it by putting some weight on it. Or you can lightly sit on it and easing in your chair slowly. It will ensure if your hammock chair is secured.
How to Hang A Hammock Chair from A Pergola?
Some homes have a pergola in their homes as the main spot. Hanging a hammock chair to it will bring more character to this place. Let us look at instructions on how to hang a hammock chair, converting this place to your sweet heaven.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Measuring tape
- Drill and drill bits
- S- shape hooks
- First, decide the height at which you want to hang your hammock chair. It can be high or low according to your needs. The ideal height to hang a hammock chair is 17 inches from the ground.
- Once you decide, measure the length of the chain and mark it. It is where you would want to attach your pergola.
- Mark anchor points on each side of the beam with measuring tape. It is where you will get to hang chains.
- Drill both spots with drill bits. Insert 4 to 6 inches eye bolts in them. Make sure they are secured to bear the weight of your hammock chair.
- Now attach the loop of your hammock chair to the chain, and connect it with the ‘S’ hook to the eye bolt.
- Congratulations. You have hanged your hammock chair to the pergola.
How to Hang Hammock Chair Inside?
Hammock chairs are versatile. You can hang them inside too. With the right tools in your hand, you can easily hang it anywhere in the home. A lounge is a great place where you can enjoy watching your favorite shows or read a book while lying in your hammock chair.
How to Hang A Hammock Chair on A Stand?
If you are one of those people who do not want to stress over how to hang it, you can always use a stand to hang your hammock chair.
Many hammock chairs come with stands that can be placed anywhere in your home. You only have to hang your chair to that stand. This way, it is also easy to move your hammock chair around the house.
How to Hang A Hammock Chair from A Ceiling?
If you don’t like to hang your hammock chair on the stand, you can always hang it from a ceiling. First, find the spot where you want to hang your hammock chair. It should be spacious enough between your hammock and the walls to swing freely. Ideally, the distance should be around 2 feet away from the walls.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Drill and drill bits (wood or concrete bits)
- Stud finder
- Ceiling mount/ eye bolt
- S-shape hooks/spring hooks
- Locate the ceiling joist with the help of a stud finder. Once you find the joist, mark both sides with a pencil. It helps to find the center of a joist where you will need to drill.
- Drill the center of the joist with a power drill. You may need wood or concrete bits. But a drill bit needs to be smaller than the eye bolt’s width. A drill hole of 2 to 3 inches deep is enough to hold the hammock chair.
- Now install ceiling mount with four bolts. It will provide a strong attachment to the ceiling to hold the weight of your hammock chair. You can also insert the eye bolt 2 to 3 inches deep. And turn it clockwise with the help of a screwdriver until its ring touches the ceiling. It will make sure to staple the bolt tight enough to hold the weight of the hammock chair.
- You can attach the s-hook or the spring hook to the eyebolt/ ceiling mount. And connect your chain to it according to the length you require. Then attach another spring hook/ s-hook to the other end of the chain.
- The final step is attaching your hammock chair to the s-hook.
But before you enjoy your hammock chair, test it by putting some weight on it to find out if it is secure. You can do it by putting some books on it. Once you confirm it is secured, you can relax in your hammock chair.
Things You Need to Consider:
- Always consider the space for your hammock chair installation. It should be enough for it to swing freely.
- To hang a hammock chair, you always need to find the joist. If you have a dry ceiling, then finding a joist can be done with a stud finder. But if you have a plaster ceiling, it may be hard to find it.
- Many factors affect how much weight a joist will hold. For example, how strong the joist is, how much weight it is already holding, the center of the joist, etc.
The Happy Ending
Wherever you choose to hang your hammock chair, whether it is inside or outside, you will like the aura it brings. And you can kick back and enjoy your time on your hammock chair. So don’t worry about the installation of your hammock chair and give it a try. I am sure you are going to love it.